Job Opening — Executive Director
Capitol Market – a vibrant non-profit indoor-outdoor farmers market and local retail/social hub in Charleston, WV – is currently accepting applications for a new Executive Director to lead the market into the future.
Ideal candidates should demonstrate experience and success in the following areas:
- Retail Management & Operations
- Familiarity with Agriculture Business
- Customer Service & Merchant Relations
- Staff & Budget Management
- Event Planning
- Destination Marketing & PR
- Strategic Planning
General responsibilities of the new Executive Director are:
- Overall management of property and operations staff.
- Creating and maintaining an annual budget and financial oversight/reporting.
- Maintain and grow the market as a dynamic retail and social hub in the region.
- Nurture strong relationships with market vendors, farmers and customers.
- Negotiate business leases/renewals and recruit new lease opportunities.
- Seek grant opportunities and oversee fundraising efforts.
- Planning and execution of large and small events throughout the year.
- Partnering with local organizations on community events.
- Ongoing marketing efforts to promote the market’s businesses and events.
- Ongoing strategic planning and development to ensure the market’s success.
- Work closely with and report to a 25-member Board of Directors.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of application to the contact below by Nov. 9, 2018. In the letter, please explain why you feel you would be the best candidate to lead Capitol Market and what specific skills make you a great fit for this position. Salary will depend upon experience. Mail or e-mail cover letters and resumes to:
Vice President, Capitol Market Board of Directors
1700 MacCorkle Ave. SE
Charleston, WV 25314